Business Administration Apprentice
The Pied Piper Appeal, one of Gloucestershire’s most dynamic charities is offering an apprenticeship opportunity to help them with their appeals, organisation and fundraising events. The role gives an excellent opportunity for the right applicant to make a real, difference to other people’s lives and improve their own skillset in advance of getting permanent work.
The work divides into four sections:
• Writing communications to individuals and companies raising support for the Pied Piper Appeal
• Running shops, including stock, payments and greeting customers at door
• Preparation of collecting tins and buckets re-labelling and cleaning
• Monitoring, thanking and promoting all events and individual fundraisers including supplying leaflets, bucket and t-shirts
• Distributing promotional material where required
• Assist with the production of literature such as finding photos, preparing mock up designs for graphic designers
• Sourcing Promotional material at the best prices e.g.: pens, leaflets, bears, t-shirts, balloons)
Research and Database:
• Helping to develop a comprehensive database by ensuring individuals receive GDPR forms and can be added to both the database and mailing list
• Carrying out or organising specific research as required for events
• Create databases for specific targeted mail groups where required (eg; Cycling clubs for sportive, Special schools for wishes mailer)
• Be responsible for the office – open hours, answering initial phone calls, selling goods from the office door etc.
• Assist in the organisation of volunteers as required for events and Pied Piper Updates
• Enter calendar dates to sync with Fundraising Manager and Office Manager’s calendars
• Collate and send event tickets purchased through our website
• Track all donations through the website, ensure they are in the thank you folder and advise the office manager of the donors name and amount received
• Document and breakdown PayPal income for each event and merchandise sold separately
• Good communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Able to manage own time and workload
• Confidence to interact with customers and clients
• Team player
• Flexible and adaptable to changing workloads
£140 per week for 3 months with a successful probation period – thereafter £157.50.
Starting June 2019
30 hours per week, 4 days a week, 9am to 5pm. 30 mins for lunch.
Ability to be flexible with your time as some events will require working hours outside of the normal weekly routine.
Holiday entitlement: 20 Days + Bank Holidays Pro rata
Staff benefits: Discounted parking permit.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply today! By applying for this role, you consent to us passing on your CV and details to The Pied Piper Appeal directly for them to consider your application. They will come back to you if they wish to proceed with your application.
*Hooray are supporting one of their chosen charities with this role.
*Do you know someone for this role? Please enquire about our referral scheme.
*Hooray are proud corporate members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation, the professional body for the UK Recruitment industry.