Are you a client looking to hire? Here are 12 common recruitment problems and some tips on how to resolve them!
August 6, 2019
- The candidates are not qualified enough
You are receiving plenty of applications, however the candidates you have received do not have the relevant experience. This is a common problem among employers and has some key causes and therefore solutions;
- Check your advert- is it deterring those who do not have this skill? Your advert should be attracting the right candidates and deterring those without the relevant skills and experience.
- Does it clearly state what is essential and what is desirable? If candidates feel that certain skills are not essential, those without that experience may apply.
- Is your salary competitive enough?
A recruitment agency such as Hooray will be able to write an advert which attracts the right candidates and deters the wrong ones and has knowledge of the sector and can let you know if your salary bracket is competitive enough to attract the right candidate for the role.
- Not enough candidates have applied
You have barely received a response to your advert, but plenty of candidates are looking at your advert and you cannot understand why they are not applying.